Software Engineer, Front-End
InsureMyTrip is looking for an engineer to join our team. We’re a small team of close-knit and highly collaborative people working on the interesting tech that powers InsureMyTrip and our other sites.
As a member of our engineering team, you will help us build the next generation of our eCommerce platform that helps customers learn about and navigate the travel insurance market. We’re expanding our business internationally, so you’ll be in the front seat of an exciting initiative with other team members building user experiences that help customers around the world choose the right product for their needs. As a front-end engineer, you’ll tap into our APIs to access product information and in collaboration with UX and marketing to find the best ways to deliver it to customers. You’ll also have an opportunity to work on the back-end too, interacting with our core systems to ensure we’re delivering the right information in the right ways to our users. Be ready to participate in technical discussions and work with an awesome team of people that strive to build simple and elegant solutions!
Although we are based out of Rhode Island, we’re open to fully remote candidates as well. We ask that you are open to travel to the office a few times a year to join us for company and team events (once travel is safe).
Desired Skills / Attributes
- 2-5 years of experience as a member of a Software Development team
- Experience building rich front-end applications using modern JS libraries and frameworks (we use Vue.js among others)
- Experience with building and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Proficient working with modern browser features to build performant and usable applications
- Strong eye for detail, with proven experience turning designs into pixel-perfect experiences
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work within a cross-functional team
- Experience working with other engineers, reviewing code and building hiqh-quality solutions
- Excited about learning new tech, architecture, and growing as an engineer
- Experience working in an Agile work environment
- A sense of humor and a willingness to have fun while working in a professional environment
Nice to Haves
- eCommerce experience
- Experience in other languages (we use Python and PHP behind the scenes)
- Experience with back-end development and service-oriented architecture
InsureMyTrip is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Generous paid time off (PTO), 12 company holidays plus 15 days to be used at employee’s discretion.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% company match.
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan available.
- Company provided long-term disability and life insurance.
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization.
- Flexible work schedules and a great work/life balance.
- Free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea.
- Free annual travel insurance policy.
- Work remotely or dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking.