Call us

Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection

Our customers rated the provider
(4.62)
See reviews.

Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP) is committed to providing travelers with trip protection that is simpler and smarter than ever before. BHTP has an innovative claim platform that lets travelers initiate a claim with a simple picture from their mobile device. And, if that claim is brought to fulfillment, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection works to get a traveler reimbursed faster.

About

When you purchase a plan from Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP), you are protecting your trip with a comprehensive travel insurance plan you can depend on.

It’s hard to ignore BHTP’s commitments to the travelers who purchase their plans. BHTP communicates the way you communicate; whether that’s through social media, online chat, email, text or a phone call. BHTP is there for you, no matter the reason, in a way that best fits your busy life.

Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection works hard to streamline the claims process to reimburse their travelers faster than ever. With the snap of a photo, your claim (such as a claim for a lost or stolen bag) can be launched through your mobile device.

If that claim, or any other, is approved, you’ll be waiting less time for that reimbursement – getting that money directly deposited into the account of your choice. Gone are the days of having to wait for a paper check that needs to be endorsed and deposited into your account. With Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection’s electronic payments, you can receive your money faster so you can get back to your trip.

The comprehensive benefits that are included, as well as optional coverages and upgrades available to most travelers, make the Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection plans an excellent choice for travelers. For instance, if you purchase the plan within 15 days of your initial trip payment, you’ll most likely be eligible to include:

  • pre-existing condition waiver
  • trip cancellation and interruption due to financial default
  • Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage for common carriers

Still unsure? Every BHTP plan includes a 15-Day Free Look, meaning, you have 15 days to decide if the plan is the right plan for you and your trip.

Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP) is a registered trademark and a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSI), a leader in specialized casualty and liability insurance.

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Fast mobile claims process, reimbursing approved claims faster than ever
  • Express deposits for claim reimbursement with electronic autopay
  • Service available through the communication method that is best for you

Customer Ratings and Reviews

Our customers rate the Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection on our site
(4.62) of 5
on average based on 871 reviews.
A+
Better Business Bureau Rating
Claims take 8 to 10 weeks for the initial review and then they will get back to you if they need more information. I shudder to think if their was a real emergency and you needed them ASAP. Actual reimbursement time was less than 4 weeks so review updated.
Jo Ellen G.
OUSTANDING COMPANY !! We did unfortunately have a claim and it was processed so rapidly, and without any problem- it was really an excellent experience. Highly recommended.
RHEA N.
I purchased the plan after I made the final payment on a 32 day cruise. I wanted to protect the cost of the cruise ($70K)) in case one of our elderly parents became ill that might make us need to cancel the trip. But on the cruise, I caught an upper respiratory infection that turned into acute bronchitis. I ended up needing multiple visits to the ship’s doctor which resulted in $5400 bill. My Medicare supplement includes 80% coverage outside of the US. After I was reimbursed the 80%, I filed with Berkshire Hathaway for the remaining 20% and they covered it. I didn’t purchase the policy for the medical coverage but I sure was happy that it included it. It’s coverage was secondary because I did not purchase the policy when I made my initial deposit. Filing was straight forward via their website. They have a checklist of all documentation required so there was no communication needed after I sent in the package. It did take a couple of months for reimbursement as I filed during Covid-19 pandemic. I plan to use this company for all future travel that I want to insure. Their price for coverage was much less than that offered by the cruise line. Next time I plan to purchase it when I make my initial trip deposit. I feel confident in purchasing from this company and highly recommend it.
Lillian C.
See all reviews